[mythtv-users] Decent Music Player

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Mar 11 15:22:51 UTC 2008

On Mar 11, 2008, at 7:29 AM, mat wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I love MythTV, I really do. I have the backend/frontend running in my
> livingroom and several machines in the house including an xbox and an
> eeepc (wirelessly) connecting via frontends. I make full use of the
> plugins, including the game plugin and the video plugin. However, one
> thing really let's mythtv down and that's the music plugin.
>
> My music is organised properly (yunno, making use of the
> filesystem/folders etc). I have several folders A/B/C/D/(H-I) etc that
> contain artist/album/tracks. All I require for a music plugin is to be
> able to navigate that structure click on a song and have the next
> tracks
> follow on. Freevo does this perfectly.
>
> So my question is: Can the mythMusic plugin be configured do behave
> like
> this?
> Or where is the best place to start to write a plugin that does
> this? I
> would really like have a crack at some myth coding...but would be
> happy if
> the functionality already was there.
>
> Thanks for listening,

This is how it works for me right now.

Music Settings>General Settings>second screen
Tree Sorting - I have this set to: splitartist artist album title
Number of Artists Tree Groups - I have this set to Many to give all 26
letters as folders above the Artist
Filename Format -  I have this set to ARTIST/ALBUM/TRACK_TITLE. I
think the default had GENRE before ARTIST, but I don't have my folders
set up like that so I took it out.

You can also choose to ignore the ID3 tags and only get the info from
the directory structure.

This is in 0.21 by the way.