[mythtv-users] Decent Music Player

mat mat at lessermatters.co.uk
Tue Mar 11 14:29:08 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I love MythTV, I really do. I have the backend/frontend running in my
livingroom and several machines in the house including an xbox and an
eeepc (wirelessly) connecting via frontends. I make full use of the
plugins, including the game plugin and the video plugin. However, one
thing really let's mythtv down and that's the music plugin.

My music is organised properly (yunno, making use of the
filesystem/folders etc). I have several folders A/B/C/D/(H-I) etc that
contain artist/album/tracks. All I require for a music plugin is to be
able to navigate that structure click on a song and have the next tracks
follow on. Freevo does this perfectly.

So my question is: Can the mythMusic plugin be configured do behave like
this?
Or where is the best place to start to write a plugin that does this? I
would really like have a crack at some myth coding...but would be happy if
the functionality already was there.

Thanks for listening,

mat