[mythtv-users] DST-related guide problem - inserted into db off by one hour

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Tue Mar 11 07:00:50 UTC 2008

    > Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 22:06:36 -0400
    > From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>

    > > Likewise, I haven't been running a recent version of myth long enough
    > > to see the fall changeover, but on 0.18 I don't remember seeing the
    > > repeated hour from 1AM to 2PM that there should have been.

Crap.  -My- 0.18.1 apparently also got faked out---it's disheartening
that 0.21 is (apparently) no better.

I had two shows recording at the time.  One started at 0130, and
recorded just fine.  The other started at 0259 and was supposed to
end at 0330.  Instead, Myth started recording at "0359" (since it
was after the DST transition) and then -stopped- recording about
half a second later, leaving a file whose filename and data in
oldrecorded claim started at 0359 and ended 29 minutes -earlier-
than it started, at 0330.  So now I have a recording that's just
enough bigger than zero-length that it didn't trip any alarms,
but is useless (and won't be repeated, so I can't rerecord it).

I suspect the only reason we haven't seen howls of protest is because
most people start and stop recordings on the hour, and not a minute or
two -before- the hour, and because the wee hours are unpopular times
to be recording.

This sort of sloppy timekeeping has been the subject of innumerable
derisive posts in Risks Digest over the years, and I sure didn't
expect to see it here.