[mythtv-users] No more firewire on F8 ( ieee1394 for 2.6.24 )

William Munson w.munson at comcast.net
Mon Mar 10 21:54:18 UTC 2008

Mark Hutchinson wrote:
> Anyone else seen this?  Ideas?
>
> Just updates the the latest kernel on Fedora 8.
> I use firewire, so install ieee1394 rpms ( in the last 2.6.23 kernel I
> used ieee1394-kmdl-2.6.23.15-137.fc8-2.6.23.1-4.fc8 RPM )
> Now, there are no ieee1394 RPMS for the latest kernel?  Unable to find
> anywhere on the net either.  Has something changed in the kernel that
> that 2.6.24 is out?

Welcome to the reason I left Fedora. AFAIK what happened is they went to
the new firewire stack in F8 which breaks things for any of us who use
firewire capture from a STB. I was not able to get it working at all and
ended up going to Ubuntu because they still use the old stack and
firewire capture "just works" without jumping thru hoops. Good luck
getting it working.

Bill