[mythtv-users] OT - Mac Advocacy, was; Which SVN?

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 19:06:06 UTC 2008

Same here.

I always considered Macs a great option when it comes to the personal
computer...for someone else (at least after the OS X debut; I hated using
the old Mac OS's).  But then I got into Linux, and realized running on a PPC
CPU does not limit you only to OS X.  Still, compatibility should be
significantly improved now that efforts can be focused, rather than adapting
kernels and drivers to the different architecture.

To be honest, I think the best part of the Intel-Mac switch is the OSX86
project, rather than the ability to run X86 OS's on a Mac.  If it gets far
enough, I'd consider installing OS X on machines where I'd otherwise be
forced to choose Linux or Windows.