[mythtv-users] hard disk died ... how to delete all recordings from the db? (which mysql tables to trunctate)

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 13:42:01 UTC 2008

hi,

my hard disk died yesterday while watching "two and a half men" :). I
just heard a few "click" sounds from the hdd in the mythbox and
mythfrontend stopped responding a few seconds later. instead of trying
to save data with "dd" or something else over ssh, I rebooted ...
xfs_repair cannot do anything (cannot find superblock, and it quits
with some "fatal error") .. If you have some kind of advice for me ...
I accept everything :)

it was Samsung 500GB, 4-5 months old ... so be careful when you get
your new hdd :)

I am getting a new hdd today/tommorow and I would like to delete all
recordings from the database which was on another hdd. And I don't
want to delete them with my remote or from mythweb because there a
200-300 hundred recordings in the database.

which mysql do I have to truncate to delete all recordings? I do NOT
want to delete my recording rules.

thanks