[mythtv-users] Which SVN? - Ubuntu Edgy

Justin Stanczak rizenine at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 11:29:27 UTC 2008

And your talking about Gusty needing horse power? Not to start a flame, but
I hate Mac crap. People act like Macs are so great, but they are more
proprietary then MS and require more horse power to run. I would take MS
over Mac any day, but I tossed them all long ago for Linux. I mean why do
you think they only sell high end hardware on their site, it's all that will
run Mac. Again sorry for the flame, but I was recently bothered by some Mac
people. The best they could come up with was Mac is sexy. Mac would be a
huge step backwards from the MS controlled world we have now. :)

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 11:33 PM, Bruce Nordstrand <brucen at ksl.com.au> wrote:

> William Munson wrote:
> > Bruce Nordstrand wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all
> >>
> >> With MythBuntu moving on to v8.04 I am looking at going back to Ubuntu
> >> Edgy and SVN. WIth the release of the 021 branch, would I now use the
> >> "fixes" branch from SVN instead of trunk if I wanted to get a "stable"
> >> build? Or is there anything happening on the Ubuntu packages front for
> >> 021 that will allow me to get apt-get install mythtv on Edgy?
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >> Bruce
> >>

> > Yes, the fixes branch is now the stable branch. If you wait a few days
> > your packager should have 0.21 packages you can just apt-get.
> >
> > I think MythBuntu has been preparing for this update with a completely
> > new release. I would probably suggest this route unless you have a need
> > to keep your existing setup in which case "apt-get build-dep mythtv" is
> > your buddy.
> >

> Thanks William
>
> I have decided to return to the compile scene due to my dislike of
> Ubuntu past Edgy. Both my personal machine and my Myth machine (which is
> MythBuntu based now) have given me problems while 7.10 has been
> installed. I suspect the age of the hardware is the problem along with
> Gutsy (and no doubt future editions of Ubuntu) requiring more and more
> horsepower to run them, ala Windows Vista. On both my Gutsy machines I
> experience frequent lockups and strange behaviour and have only been
> putting up with it due to lack of time to rebuild both of them.
>
> And yes, I do want to keep my current setup, meaning recordings and
> database. I am on the trunk builds of MythBuntu and have 021 from there
> for a while now. I have sorta been waiting for a "stable" version of 021
> to arrive so I can embark on my reinstall. As for my personal machine,
> goin gback to Edgy will hopefully be temporary as I plan to buy an iMac
> in the future.
>
> Cheers
> Bruce

- Edmund Burke