[mythtv-users] OT B'cast nostalgia, was: Hauppauge in ...

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Mar 9 21:05:39 UTC 2008

On Mar 9, 2008, at 2:38 PM, Meatwad wrote:

> Brian Wood wrote:
>
>> A friend of mine has one of the pixel units from the Fremont Street
>> "roof" in 'Vegas, probably pretty much the same thing.
>>
>> Ah well, the good old days...

BTW, "The Good Old Days" is defined as a block of time which ended the
week before you started working in the industry.

> I fondly recall the GE Talaria light valve projector - the original
> high
> definition projectors. We had a handful (yah, right) of the 12K's and
> later, three of the 3LV monsters. A mainstay of large venue projection
> for decades and used heavily by NASA and the military for simulator
> screens.

The Telarian was a great machine for its day, a little outdated now.
They were popular with planetariums as I recall.

> Most memorable concert I can barely recall was an '89 Stevie Ray
> Vaughan
> show in Merrillville, IN. I remember the show perfectly but things
> start
> getting a little hazy nearing the end of breakdown and the afterparty
> upstairs was, as the kids now say, off-the-hook.

The most memorable concert I can recall had a one-word name:

Woodstock.

beww