[mythtv-users] Hauppauge in trouble with the FCC

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Mar 8 16:56:46 UTC 2008

On Mar 8, 2008, at 9:33 AM, Yan Seiner wrote:

> Yup.  Many have a single a/d chip with 4 inputs; they sample round-
> robin
> so the framerate is pretty slow - about 5 fps/camera.  (I did some
> destructive testing with these systems; we stuck a bunch of cameras
> inside large machines that we then destroyed. And I got paid for
> that!)

Speaking of security cameras, I just saw the ATM cam photos of a
suspect in another murder case.

How come we can get beautiful pictures of faraway galaxies, the
surface of Mars and satellite photos that allow you to check on your
cat, yet the banks don't seem to be able to afford anything that will
produce a photo that would allow you to recognize an elephant at 6 feet?

Of course I suspect the photos released to the public have been
intentionally degraded, even when they are asking "do you recognize
this person?". Recognize them? I'm hard put to identify most of those
pics as homo sapiens.

beww