[mythtv-users] deinterlacing

Matt S. skd5aner at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 21:53:54 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> On Mar 7, 2008, at 12:36 PM, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
>

> > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Deinterlacing says:
> >
> >  "Deinterlacing is the process of converting traditional Interlaced
> > Video
> >   into a Progressive Picture that can be displayed on modern non
> > interlaced
> >   display devices such as LCD or Plasma screens."
> >
> > but the Myth Frontend General Playback setup gives the hint
> >
> >  "Make the video look normal on a progressive display (i.e., monitor)"
> >
> > My monitor is a CRT - is deinterlacing still required?
>
> Yes. Your CRT is also a progressive display.

Correction... Your CRT is _probably_ an "interlaced" display.  It is
probably not "progressive", although they do exist.

To answer your question, the answer is still yes... in almost all
cases you'll have to deinterlace on a CRT monitor.

Thanks!
Matt