[mythtv-users] Playback has horizontal jaggies

Corey Wirun corey at calgary.homelinux.net
Fri Mar 7 20:03:22 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I'm trying to diagnosis a situation where I don't know if the problem is in how my recording are setup versus how I'm playing them back (using MythTV Player under windows).

When I watch a recording and the picture has a fast moving object in it, I see the object had horizontal gaps/line in them as it moves across the screen. 'Stable' areas of the screen do not exhibit this behavior.  Is this an interlacing problem?  Is there something that I can tweak that might help this?  I'm not transcoding anything yet, so I'm not sure what's up.

Thanks for any advice.
Corey.