[mythtv-users] new video2ipod script released!

Jeff Simpson jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu
Fri Mar 7 07:51:12 UTC 2008

>  One other suggestion is the output file name. Currently it's the Title
>  - Description.mp4 which *might* break with UTF-8 characters and will
>  definitely start trouncing on previously recorded files if you have
>  generic subtitles like I've been getting recently with The Simpsons,
>  Colbert Report, Daily Show, etc. I only noticed because the first one
>  I tried is named "The Colbert Report - Untitled.mp4" and I thought,
>  "Ut oh. I guess this one goes away tomorrow night." :)
>
>  I'm hacking up my copy to include the chanid and starttime in the
>  output name.

I just uploaded version 0.07 to http://wiki.jeffornot.com/index.php/Video2ipod

New features:
- Commercial cutting with mythtranscode. Very primitive right now, but
it does work.
- minor bug fixes
- added in template output filenames

The template output filenames are cool. You need to define a
video2ipodrc file and include a line like the following in it:

$template = '{$chanid}-{$starttime}.mp4';
$template = '{$title} - {$subtitle}.mp4';

So far only {$chanid}, {$starttime}, {$title}, and {$subtitle} are
included, but any other variable is available as well. Possible
additional templated items:
- title all in lowercase
- title with no spaces
- same as first two, but with subtitle
- "title - subtitle" if subtitle exists, otherwise "title"

This will all need quite a bit of cleanup still, but for now it's
working. Comments and bug reports welcome still! (podcast support
still in the works)

 - Jeff