[mythtv-users] USB DVB-S for UK use

Dave Marples dmarples at iee.org
Thu Mar 6 21:35:01 UTC 2008

Folks,

I'm trying to upgrade my current mythtv DVB-T setup with a DVB-S
receiver, especially for HD.

I need to use a USB based receiver for this, and wondered if anyone has
any experience and/or could make any recommendations for Freesat reception?

There are a few windows devices on eBay, such as this one;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=350031685573&Category=3761&_trksid=p3907.m29

....the price is right, but I can find no info on Linux support, and the
supplier doesn't even appear to be able to tell me the USB ID, so it's
difficult to look it up....if anyone has any experience with using this
type of device, or can give me pointers to other USB DVB-S receivers,
I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance for any help!

DAVE