[mythtv-users] Two independent X servers, one running MythTV on ATI Radeon x300 dual-head card

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Mar 6 20:15:21 UTC 2008

On Mar 6, 2008, at 12:11 PM, Gareth Glaccum wrote:

> I think that the OP wants seperated X servers, not a spanned system
> which would be setup as per your answer below. I would think that
> the TV auto-logs in as a non-proveleged user, uses keyboard 1,
> whilst the second server uses keyboard 2 and has to be authenticated.

I think the OP wanted an easy interim solution that worked and thought
that meant he had to set up two separate X servers. I run dual-
displays on one of my boxes - One runs regular linux desktop stuff and
the other is a 640x480 display I export to S-video and feed it through
my Slingbox. nVidia drivers and config make this really easy.