[mythtv-users] Two independent X servers, one running MythTV on ATI Radeon x300 dual-head card

Captain Krypto captainkrypto at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 00:10:09 UTC 2008

> What I can't do however is get two separate X servers running, one
> running my usual desktop PC login and another just running a basic
> window manager and MythTV and have them both running at independent
> resolutions (1280x1024 for the LCD monitor and 1360x758 or 1280x768).
>
> I just wondered if anyone has managed to do get something like this
> working?

I've also been trying to get multiple xservers running on a single card, but
as far as I can tell (please correct me if I'm wrong) it isn't possible.  My
solution was to use a single dual headed card, a single xserver, and start
two xsessions to get the same effect.  I added an entry to the wiki with an
xorg.conf file that allows for two xsessions on a single monitor (Vizio
GV42L) so that I can have PIP to watch tv and cruise the internets at the
same time...  maybe it will help.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Running_MythTV_Dual_Headed#PIP_Display_.28One_X_Server.2C_One_display.2C_Dual_head_video_card_with_a_desktop_on_each.29