[mythtv-users] Help with volume control in mythtv

sdkovacs sdkovacs at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 04:04:14 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 12:28 PM, David Brieck Jr. <dbrieck at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 19, 2008 11:42 AM, Chris Everest <chriseverest at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >
>  > if you are using /dev/dsp as your audio device, you can specify "Headphone"
>  > in your "Mixer Controls" field by simply typing it in.  In my experience can
>  > be the string label that alsamixer uses.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > --
>  > Chris Everest
>  >

>  I second this one. I had to manually type in the name in the mixer
>  control area to get mine to work correctly.

I tried that previously, and tried it again tonight. I'm including a
link to a screenshot to make sure that we talking about the same
setting. Again, the 'Headphone' mixer device is the only one that
truly controls volume, but mythtv seems to only change the volume on
the PCM device, regardless of what is in Mixer Controls.

Please see:
http://i27.tinypic.com/ienz2x.jpg

Thanks.