[mythtv-users] new video2ipod script released!

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Mar 4 19:53:49 UTC 2008

> On Mar 4, 2008, at 8:14 AM, Jeff Simpson wrote:
>
>> Very open to comments, suggestions, bug reports, etc. Be sure to meet
>> all the requirements for installation. There are some weird perl
>> modules you'll need, and you'll need AtomicParsley, ffmpeg, and
>> mencoder/midentify.

One other suggestion is the output file name. Currently it's the Title
- Description.mp4 which *might* break with UTF-8 characters and will
definitely start trouncing on previously recorded files if you have
generic subtitles like I've been getting recently with The Simpsons,
Colbert Report, Daily Show, etc. I only noticed because the first one
I tried is named "The Colbert Report - Untitled.mp4" and I thought,
"Ut oh. I guess this one goes away tomorrow night." :)

I'm hacking up my copy to include the chanid and starttime in the
output name.

-Brad