[mythtv-users] Videos not playing in full screen

Jose Rubio mythtv at joserubio.com
Tue Mar 4 19:38:04 UTC 2008

It may be an X issue or a change in the settings.  But, I doubt it just happened all by itself.  You need to track down what changes occurred that caused this.

Did you update your system?  That's the only way that X could have changed.  Of course, it could also be your TV, but I doubt it.

-jose-

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics <steve at priorityelectronics.com> wrote:   Message    Hello, i have a 55"  hdtv that is a 4:3 (aka non widescreen) that has been working great for me  for the past 5 or so years. I've had mythtv on it for the past year or  so.

 All of a sudden,  yesterday i go home, turn on my mythtv and watch some live tv (and recordings  and videos), and the video is no longer full screen. The menus are all  fullscreen, and they look and work normal. The day before yesterday, the  playback was full screen.

 Now it has a black  border only to the left and right sides, about 2-3 inches on either side. This  is while watching 4:3 stuff, as i don't have HD on it. It looks like the image  is being squished a little bit.

 What do i do? It  seems like an X issue to me, but how do i fix this?

 -Thanks
 -Steve

Jose Rubio
www.TriangleResidential.com