[mythtv-users] Underwater audio

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Mar 4 09:28:49 UTC 2008

On 03/03/2008 05:53 PM, Curtis Stanford wrote:

>> m> Would be /really/ nice is some of you could test the value that's
>> being
>> m> changed by that patch and find the smallest value that works...
>> Try
>> m> starting at 120000.  See:
>> m> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/319315#319315
>>

>>        Based on limited testing, it's "fragment_size" rather than
>> "buffer_time" that's affecting this specific "underwater" problem:
>>
> I haven't had time to try lots of combinations but I can confirm that
> #6 works for me as well.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/320411#320411

Thanks for testing.  News from the author of the code is at the link
above.  I would really appreciate if all conversations actually happened
in the -dev thread (where they're useful to the person trying to fix the
issue) rather than having me post links back and forth...

Thanks,
Mike