[mythtv-users] Backend crashes all the time

Gareth Glaccum gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com
Tue Mar 4 08:34:59 UTC 2008

Hi,
I was also seeing the same messages, for two different reasons. Mine appear
to be a fault with the memory itself. Running mcelog immediately after a
crash reports a fault on the memory. Symptoms for that fault are that they
occurred mainly when the system was under load (hour long recording had
stopped, and the system spawned mythtranscode and mythcommflag) whilst
another recording started.

However, I have been getting a similar crash message when the signal
strength drops too low and I get corrupted streams. Symptoms on that are
that a single recording is being made, inconsistencies are reported to the
log, and shortly afterwards the backend goes away.
Gareth