[mythtv-users] playing music from mythweb problem

Martin Lynch martin.lynch at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 4 07:59:17 UTC 2008

>  > >  There's obviously something wrong in my config because playing mythweb
>  > >  music from
>  > >  http://www.copperscorner.com/mythweb/music
>  > >  is no problem.
>  > >  Video also works like a charm ?!?!?!
>  > >

>  > Not sure if this is the same problem you're having but I configured my
>  > mythweb to use AuthDigestFile for authenication but unfortunately most
>  > players don't seem to support this. Switching apache to use
>  > AuthUserFile instead then made it work fine for me.
>  >
>  > Ash
>
> Thanks it's part of 'a' solution. Using mplayer -playlist playlist.m3u
> works as mplayer http://192.168.0.101/mythweb/music/stream?i=41 does.
> Mozilla 'knows' acording to about:plugins that m3u is
> 12:audio/x-mpegurl:MPEG url:m3u:$
>
> But how can I make Apache provide mplayer with the additional
> '-playlist' parameter ?
>
> Belcampo

I've had the same issue for ages but never bothered about it until your
post made me start monkeying around a bit and managed to get music
working via mythweb for the first time since I set up this system nearly
a year ago.

In my case, I found that the first uncommented line in
mythweb.conf.apache was pointing incorrectly to:

<Directory "/var/www/html" >

when my mythweb files were in fact in:

<Directory "/var/www/" >

(yours may differ). Having made that change, voila - streaming music!

Not sure if that'll solve your problem, but here's hoping!

Cheers!

Martin