[mythtv-users] New Frontend, Any gotchas with Compact Flash storage

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Mon Mar 3 23:37:26 UTC 2008

On Mar 3, 2008, at 3:31 PM, Paul Bender wrote:

> jedi at mishnet.org wrote:

>>> That is a rather strong statement.
>>
>> I would love to be proved wrong. Exercises in RTFM won't cut it
>> though.
>
> Converting a standard distribution to network boot can somewhat
> problematic. However, I believe that using a distribution designed for
> network boot (e.g. MiniMyth) is relatively easy.

Well, IMHO, the hardest part is finding an EEPROM burner and a network
card with an EEPROM socket.  Also, the first one you try to get
working is hard; there are lots of moving parts and when things don't
work, it's usually not obvious why.  Once you've actually gotten your
first system to boot it's not bad, though.  This is one of those
things that's hard for people who have never done it, and no big deal
to people who have.