[mythtv-users] QAM Decrypt?

jedi at mishnet.org jedi at mishnet.org
Mon Mar 3 23:10:59 UTC 2008

> On Mar 3, 2008, at 12:05 PM, David Brodbeck wrote:
>

>>> Yes. It took more than 200 years for it to happen here )-:
>>
>> Touche. ;)
>>
>> Although I'd argue we're headed toward oligarchy, which is the other
>> common end result of revolutions.  200 years is a pretty good lifespan
>> for a prototype, though, innit? ;)
>
> Hardly a prototype, the Roman Republic lasted far longer than we have

    American democracy has been around for longer than that (200 yea).
Most people just don't acknowledge the correct age of US political
institutions. The US did not spring up overnight during some warm summer
day in 1776.

    This is an important detail that's lost on a lot of people that want
to go adventuring into other parts of the world on missions of "nation
building".

    1776 wasn't "cutting the cord", it was the kid leaving home.

> so far, and Athens had a pretty good run.
>
> And we are a Republic, or are supposed to be, not a Democracy which
> most folks seem to think we are.

    Our educational system is a little too Prussian perhaps...