[mythtv-users] MythTV SVN 16319 fails to build

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 3 22:00:58 UTC 2008

On 03/03/2008 03:13 PM, John Drescher wrote:
>>  SVN revisions are only ever recommended for developers. :)
>>
> I believe all current gentoo ebuilds are using some SVN revision. I
> have never had a problem with any of them but I am at SVN 15448 and
> not the absolute latest...

SVN revisions are not bad.  SVN trunk is only recommended for people who
read the -dev and -commits lists (which takes a pretty significant
investment of time).

However, SVN 0.2x-fixes branch (where 0.2x corresponds to the released
version) is recommended for use by /all/ distros for packaged versions
of MythTV.  Therefore, distros are currently using 0.20-fixes SVN,
but--because of the impended release of 0.21--many have a 0.21-fixes SVN
"bleeding"/"alpha"/... package.

Mike