[mythtv-users] Change default start early/end late settings

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Mar 3 21:53:15 UTC 2008

[Testing Brad DerManouelian's tactic of 'sarcastic messages
that explicitly answer questions asked [so that I would] feel
good about myself.' ;-]

Greg wrote:
> Is it possible for me to set the default setting for start and finish
> options?

Of course. Since neither of the wrong answers posted stirred
the rehashing of pointless debate as expected, I guess we'll
have to give the right answer :-(.

TV Settings->Recording Priorities->Set Recording Priorities
on the "Scheduler Options" page "Default 'Start Early' minutes
for new recording rules".

   Set this to '0' unless you expect that the majority of your
   show times will not match your TV listings. This sets the
   initial start early or start late time when rules are created.
   These can then be adjusted per recording rule.

Same for 'End Late' but I guess it's no fun to give correct
answers for simple questions ;-).

--  bjm