[mythtv-users] Help with Compro DVB-T300

Greg Vickers daehenoc at optusnet.com.au
Sun Mar 2 11:31:33 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I've got a Compro DVB-T300 on Debian etch AMD64 and I'm trying to get
MythTV set up.  I've got a broken antenna right now, so no TV signal for
me right now.  (Saving up to fix the antenna.)

I do have a cable TV unit and have confirmed that I have a composite
video signal coming out of that unit.  The saa7134 module for the Compro
DVB-T300 loads correctly and there is a /dev/video0 device created.

I've plugged the composite cable into the Compro card from the cable TV
unit and tried to do 'cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/test.mpg' but the file did
not contain the video coming out of the cable unit - just pink and green
flashing pixels.

How do I capture the video signal to confirm the analog input is working?

Thanks,
Greg