[mythtv-users] Mvix MX-780HD appliance as a dedicated frontend

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Sun Mar 2 01:21:13 UTC 2008

If this thing could run the MythTV frontend I would buy it immediately:

http://www.mvixusa.com/product.php?product=mx780

Anybody knows if it can be hacked to run the MythTV frontend?

I only need the frontend because I already have the backend running on a
computer. The backend is easy to setup, doesn't require an expensive
machine, and the system can do other duties at the same time (mail
server, etc.) just fine.
The frontend is more finicky and it pretty much requires the machine to
run only MythTV. That's why it would be very nice to run it on a tiny
appliance like the Mvix thing.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/