[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HD PVR (A bit more info for those starved for it)

eric freak4uxxx at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 16:38:30 UTC 2008

Mike Perkins wrote:
> Eric Martin wrote:

>>> Its a lot better than how Outlook works. When I use that at work the
>>> software makes it difficult to bottom post and so every one top posts
>>> and I get people confused when I bottom post...
>>>
>>> John
>>>
>> There's a place for each.  I support a primarily windows network during
>> the day, and of course we use exchange / outlook.  Everybody top posts
>> because that's what everybody knows.  While bottom posting makes more
>> sense, try explaining that to your boss (or his/her boss).
>>

> Is this another example of how a large software corporation (possibly based in
> Redmond, WA) has managed to distort standards which have existed in the network
> community since forever?
>
> Mike Perkins

Quite possible, but I have another idea.  A lot of the people who use
M$  crap don't know any better.  It's like AOL; aol catered to the
masses and involved the masses.  After that the irc channels were flooed
w/people who didn't understand.  This is the same thing and
unfortunately the unwashed masses won.

Eric