[mythtv-users] MythArchive error need some assistance...

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Mon Jun 30 20:56:38 UTC 2008

A JM wrote:
> Well since creating the symlink it's been working fine but on a reboot
> it's gone...
>
> Do all versions of Linux not use /dev/dvd for the DVD drive?

Nope.  How many DVD devices do you expect a system to have?  How to
differentiate them when there is more than one?  Questions like this
should give you your answer.  Every system is different.  udev has
changed all the old rules (pun intended).  Its possible to create a new
udev rule that will be /dev/dvd on your system, but you need to do it
becuase which device you want it to point to may not be the same device
I want it to point to on my system.

As always, YMMV.

--
Kevin J. Cummings