[mythtv-users] MythTV and interlacing

Bradley Kite bradley.kite at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 05:23:02 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I've just built myself a VGA to Scart converter as per:
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Setup_X_for_MythTV - the picture quality
is a lot better, but I'm trying to figure out some deinterlacing
stuff.

I'm driving X with the following modeline:

ModeLine "720x576 at 25i" 13.5   720 732 795 864  576 581 586 625
interlace -hsync -vsync

As I am now using a naturally interlaced display mode, and I'm playing
interlaced content on an interlaced display, I would have thought that
I could turn off MythTV's de-interlacing? I've tried it but I still
get the tearing etc. which I thought would have disappeared in such a
scenario.

Has any body else got this working?

Regards
--