[mythtv-users] Can't see thumbnails in mythweb for recordingsof CIFS share

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 18:05:13 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Shawn Flynn <sflynn1 at rogers.com> wrote:
> While I wouldn't say it was 'trivial' to set up, it certainly wasn't hard
> either. It was the first time I set it up and I had everything installed and
> working within an hour. Granted, this was on a Win 2003 R2 server which has
> much of the tools already installed and streamlined, but it isn't _that_
> much different with the SFU download for older servers. While it is probably
> OT for this list, feel free to contact me offline if you feel like giving it
> a go and want some pointers.
>
> Shawn Flynn

Can I take you up on that offer?

I installed SFU, right clicked on my C drive, and enabled NFS sharing,
gave the share the name winc, allowed anon access, and changed the
permissions to read and write access (all within the NFS share tab).

I then added this to my /etc/fstab:
192.168.1.100:/winc    /win3   nfs    rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr

It seems that I can mount /win3, but then when I try to cd into it, I get this:
[root at localhost ~]# cd /win3
-bash: cd: /win3: Permission denied

Here is the line for /win3:
drwxrwxrwx   2 4294967294 4294967294    64 2008-06-29 10:56 win3
(note, all other directories there are root  root, not sure what that
number signifies).

Thanks