[mythtv-users] TVOverScan not working?

Alen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Sat Jun 28 06:05:27 UTC 2008

> use the slider in nvidia-settings.  TVOverScan is deprecated.
Thanks for the help.

Swell, I spend half the day learning xorg.conf and now it is
depreciated.  The settings are not automatically saved when X is
restarted so now I need to learn a bunch of new stuff to save these
settings.  Doesn't look too hard, probably only take me another half a day.

TVOverScan worked fine for me but I saw enough trying to debug this that
I know it didn't work for everyone, particularly those with too much
overscan on their TV sets.

A quick cookbook on making the slider stick would be nice although the
help file looks pretty simple.  Easy for me to say, I haven't started
doing it yet.

Thanks again.  At least I know not to follow the instructions on the
Nvidia site

Allen