[mythtv-users] MythArchive error need some assistance...

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Sat Jun 28 01:59:20 UTC 2008

A JM wrote:
> Thanks I'll give it a try and report back.
>
> *"/dev/hdb1        /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec 0       0"**
>
> Doesn't fstab from above create the link /media/cdrom0? if so then
> couldn't I have changed Myth to point to /media/cdrom0 instead of
> /dev/dvd? isn't /dev/dvd a link to a link?

No, udev does not use fstab.

> Which brings me sort of back to how do I tell if the cd rom is connected
> since it doesn't show up when you run the 'mount' command is there a
> better way to see it?

Look in your system log files when you boot the system to see if it is
found.  It probably is, since if it wasn't, udev wouldn't create the
devices in /dev that you have.

You can also look though the /proc and/or /sys filesystems for
information about what devices the system found when it booted.
Depending on which kernel you are running, /proc/bus and/or /sys/bus or
/sys/block might be good places to look.  I run Fedora 8 & 9, and my
systems no longer have hd devices.  Everything is scsi now for me.  That
means that I no longer have any IDE device structures.  My optical
drives have sr0 and sr1 monikers and my hard drives are sda, sdb, and
sdc.  Your's seem to still be using the "old" names.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net