[mythtv-users] IR keyboards?

Jason Weida jason.m.weida at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 19:00:05 UTC 2008

Phil,
I became interested in this idea and just FYI, the linked IR keyboard from
Kevin:

http://www.pctekonline.com/skcomwirkeyw.html

Appears to be the same as the Adesso which you mentioned may have issues:

http://www.adesso.com/products_detail.asp?productid=151

I don't have any experience with it, but just noticed the pics look nearly
identical...

After thinking about it though, in my case an RF unit would eliminate the
need for line of sight for the occasional web surf from the couch.  Maybe
LIRC is worth sticking with.  Is LIRC really that difficult to get working
(I have an HDHomeRun, but the IR sensor is broken, so I have not been
successful because of that).