[mythtv-users] DVD menus not working with Internal player

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Fri Jun 27 18:11:22 UTC 2008

Hi all,  I've been using mythtv for years and really love it.

  Since upgrading to 0.21 a few months ago, DVD menus haven't worked correctly
in the Internal player.  I can see the menu, but I can't see which button is
highlighted (is this called a cursor in DVDspeak?).  I can generally still play
the main title, but any attempts to move the cursor and "enter" generally cause
the Internal player to exit.

I'm using a PVR350 for playback with ivtv X11 driver.  Is this an openGL
problem?

The problem first occurred when atrpms moved to 0.21 on fc7 and continues after
upgrading to fc9.  Current mythtv packages are 0.21-190.fc9.i386.

$ cat /etc/fedora-release
Fedora release 9 (Sulphur)
$ uname -r
2.6.25.6-55.fc9.i686