[mythtv-users] If nvidia driver is disabled but in xorg.conf, is it being used?

Alen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Fri Jun 27 15:32:26 UTC 2008

Johnny Russ wrote:

>     I can find no working way to determine what driver is in used in my
>     searching.
>
> I often leave the nvidia splash screen on so that when I am having
> display issues it is a simple way to confirm that the proprietary
> driver actually loaded or not. Just add this to you device section:
>
>   Section  "Device"
>     Driver "nvidia"
>     Option          "NoLogo"        "False"
> EndSection
>
> If the nvidia driver is being used for your X server then you will see
> the nvidia splash screen.

Thanks all for the replies.  I see now that nvidia is being used by xorg
but apparently not at bootup.  This would explain why I see the splash
screen later in the process than I previously did.

The answer is obvious now that you all explain it so I am sorry if I
wasted anyones time.  The best answers are often that way though.

I can now go forward and finish my system.

Thanks again,

Allen