[mythtv-users] MSI P6NGM-FD with GeForce 7050

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 14:52:44 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 4:08 AM, Andrew Hutchinson
<ahutchinson.mythtv at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm looking to replace my current Mythtv box with a new one that is powerful
> enough for HD decoding.  My current box might actually be ok, but try as I
> might, I simply cannot get my FX 5200 to output in 1920x1080 to my 40" Sony
> TV, so I think the easiest solution is just to start again.
>
> I would like to build this next PC as small, quiet and power efficient as
> possible.  As such, the MSI P6NGM-FD motherboard has sparked an interest
> with me, however I can't find any information on this board on this forum,
> and little on the net in general.
>
> What I like about the board is that it has a Nvidia video card on board, has
> both DVI and HDMI output (with HDCP if needed) and has loads of internal
> connectors with the all important serial connector for my IR Remote.  The
> board is cheap at 45 euros, so I could probably put together a decent system
> for under 200 euros.
>
> My biggest concern here is getting the video card (GeForce 7050) to output
> at 1920x1080.  Does anyone have any experience with this?
>
> If anyone has a better suggestion about what I should use to build this
> system with I'd be all ears.  My concerns are purely HD playback and a video
> card that is going to output at 1920x1080 without too much hassle.  I've
> done quite a bit of searching on the topic, and really can't find a clear
> hardware list that will fulfill my needs here.  If I manage to get this
> going nicely and cheaply, writing something down about the hardware
> configuration/setup is definitely something I'll do!

Hi Andrew, check out my setup here:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User:Steveadeff#Current_Bedroom_Frontend
I don't know how much the board I got is in Europe though.
<ine is running great so far (my E2160 is O/C'd to 3.0Ghz)
that said, the 7050 should work fine at 1920x1080 with the Nvidia
binary drivers.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!