[mythtv-users] Flashplayer problems in www on myth [partial solution]

Alen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Fri Jun 27 06:40:13 UTC 2008

>> If you want to do it the way I did, you need to modify the menu item
>> itself by following the directions here: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Menu_theme_development_guide#Special_Actions
>>

> Actually, the instructions for how the menu xml should look is here:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Menu_theme_development_guide#Helpful_Tips
> But the action you want is:
> <action>EXEC /usr/bin/firefox</action>

That solved my problem, thanks.  It didn't do what I was trying to do,
which I now see would be to have  mythbookmarkmanager use firefox, but
it is good enough for what I want.  More importantly, it solves my sound
problem in that the sound is going out of the spdif port when using
flashplayer withing firefox.  Plus, I don't have to leave myth to run
firefox.

What I did is modify /usr/share/mythtv/info_menu.xml and add this code:

   <button>
     <type>FIREFOX</type>
     <text>Firefox</text>
     <action>EXEC /usr/bin/firefox</action>
   </button>

I will probably customize it more to get the web sites I want to come up
with a push of the button, but you have definitely opened up a new set
of things that can be done with Myth.  Very cool.

Thanks again,

PS.  I saved the original info_menu.xml file first.

Allen