[mythtv-users] Flashplayer problems in www on myth

Alen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Thu Jun 26 23:17:24 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 06/26/2008 05:32 PM, allen edwards wrote:
>
>> I cannot get flash to play in "Information Center" -> "WWW" web pages
>> within Myth.  I can get the web page I want but when I click on what
>> would start the flash video in Firefox, I get a message about needing to
>> install the latest version of flashplayer.  If I click on that, the
>> screen fills up with what I would guess is the downloaded binary (not
>> helpful).
>>
>> I have found postings that say I need to turn on video playback by doing
>> this "Settings" -> "Mythweb" -> "Video Playback"  After looking all over
>> the myth interface and finding nothing, I found such a menu thread on
>> the mythweb interface (accessed from a remote computer) so I don't think
>> that is the same www interface I am interested in.
>>

> If you're talking about MythBrowser, which is basically KDE's
> browser--Konq?--I think you just need to set up Flash for the KDE
> browser.  (Myth does not use Firefox.)

I dug further and find that myth uses a program called mythbrowser
(/usr/bin/mythbrowser) and that it does not support flash.  Bummer.  The
documentation says you can put substitute firefox as the browser.  I
changed the setting to /usr/bin/firefox and it did nothing when I tried
to start the site.  Just stayed in the menu with the sites listed, did
not start the browser.

Anyone have an idea how to change the internal browser to something that
will play flash?

Allen