[mythtv-users] commercials

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Thu Jun 26 21:37:03 UTC 2008

I know most mythtv users implemented myth to get away from commercials
but I thought this  post might interest the group - unfortunately you'll
need a browser to watch the show but worth watching.

Cheers,
Dean

http://deancollinsblog.blogspot.com/2008/06/advertising-mashup.html

Following up from the JC Penny debacle post yesterday
http://deancollinsblog.blogspot.com/2008/06/jc-penny-you-are-problem.htm

Check out this cool television concept from Australia
http://business.smh.com.au/monster-mash-gives-ad-boss-nightmares-2008062
5-2wtq.html

No I haven't had a chance to watch the ABC television series yet but
looks cool - what a great concept.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/gruentransfer

"As of last night, 6100 spoof ads had been edited, scripted and uploaded
to the website by viewers of The Gruen Transfer, the 10-part series
which has been watched by more than 1 million viewers each week.

The number of ads made for a range of fictional products - a beer, an
anti-ageing cream and a bank - and the number of times they have been
watched, 280,000, has surprised ABC programming chiefs."

Anyone want to set the wheels in motion for a USA based version? Looks
like the perfect concept for Current?

Regards,

Dean Collins