[mythtv-users] Mythweb can't find videos from Mythvideo

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 15:12:17 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 8:34 AM,  <george.smith at arcor.de> wrote:
> Just in case the following additions to my problem description help:
>
> The directory where my videos reside is a local filesystem on the backend.
>
> mysql> select filename from videometadata;
>
> yields the following as expected.
>
> /media/myth1/video/Power Of Myth 1 Of 6.avi
>
> Why does mythweb seem to look for video files in
>
> /mythweb/data/video
>
> instead of
>
> /media/myth1/video

The '/mythweb/data/video' directory should be a symlink to the real
MythVideo directory.  i.e.

Make sure your '/mythweb/data/' directory is writable by the user
Apache runs under.  MythWeb needs write access in the data directory
to generate preview pixmaps and store cached weather information.

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com