[mythtv-users] Enhancement suggestion

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 25 19:10:32 UTC 2008

I don't know if there's a better place for this kind of thing to go, so here goes.

Just looking through the scheduling options, I think there's another one that would be useful, certainly to me. I'd like an option like 'Record this program at any time on this day of the week every week'. That could probably be worded better.

Why? Well sometimes a program's start time will change, but it stays on the same day of the week. Now, I want to record that day's showing and not record the repeat later in the week and also avoid the situation where myth decides to not record the first showing and record the repeat instead, as it sometimes does when I select 'find and record one showing each week'. For these programs that move, 'Record in this timeslot every week' is not appropriate.

Perhaps, as an alternative, 'Find and record one showing of this title every week' could be made to give priority to the first showing of a particular episode.

Just a suggestion, but I think it would be useful. I'd certainly use it for nearly all my schedules.

Mark