[mythtv-users] IR keyboards?

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Wed Jun 25 16:24:34 UTC 2008

Phil Bridges wrote:
> I've seen some people here that use IR keyboards for their remote (or
> program a universal remote with their IR keyboard), relieveing
> themselves of the need to use LIRC.  I thought I'd settled down on an
> Adesso IR keyboard/receiver combo, but it appears that it doesn't play
> well with learning remotes.
>
> If you are using an IR keyboard, what model are you using?

Haven't ordered one yet, but I've really been wanting to shop around. I
have a Logitech Harmony remote that has way more buttons and
capabilities than I can make use of by just emulating the grey Hauppage
remote.

Plus, my lircrc file seems to be a constant work in progress. There's
always something in either myth or mplayer that isn't quite setup right.
I would love to drop lirc completely. Its one more service running and
one more place for configuration errors.

Mike