[mythtv-users] Deleted files: Pruning/updating the database

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Jun 25 02:30:01 UTC 2008

On Jun 24, 2008, at 6:53 PM, lanas wrote:

> MythDora4 which I use do not seem to have that file.  A find on / did
> not return anything.  I found a copy somewhere:
> http://horche.net/mythtvdoc/examples/?C=M;O=A
>
> but the Perl script complains:
>
> DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table 'mythconverg.storagegroup'
> doesn't exist at ./myth.find_orphans.pl line 251.
> Could not execute () at ./myth.find_orphans.pl line 251.

The script you downloaded was written for 0.21+. You are running 0.20
or 0.20-fixes.
I don't know if it was written before .20 so it might not be an option
for you.

> Since all other defaults are OK, I'm a bit worried about forcing it to
> use the database (if I knew where the db file is located, that is) as
> I'd rather take the long way than ending up with a corrupted db.
>
> Any other automated solution ?

Any automated solution will adjust your database for you. That's how
it's automated and it's why I said the best answer is to manually go
through the programs and delete them from the Delete Recordings or
Watch Recordings screen.

-Brad