[mythtv-users] Roku SoundBridge with MythTV?

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Wed Jun 25 02:30:22 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 12:20 PM, Jeff Walther <trag at io.com> wrote:
> Are any of you using a Roku SoundBridge to play music from a MythTV
> back end?   I am wondering if this works.   Roku claims that the
> SoundBridge will work off of a uPnP server and MythTV does uPnP, so
> on the face of it, it seems like it should work....    Can anyone
> report actual experiences?
>
> Does it work well?   Lost features vs. using iTunes as the server?
> Are webstreaming radio stations still available?
>
> As long as I'm setting up a MythTV installation, it would be nice to
> do away with the dedicated Mac I'm using as an iTunes server in the
> house to feed the SoundBridges.
>
> Info about the SoundBridge is at rokulabs.com in case anyone is curious.

I own one, and it's awesome.  I actually posted about this a week or so ago...

-It works perfectly with ushare (no lost functionality)
-It doesn't work with myth for some reason (it lists files, but will
never play them!)
-Web Radio Stations are NOT handled through a server, they're handled
through the unit itself, so they work even without any source
whatsoever.