[mythtv-users] Processor Minimum Specs

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Tue Jun 24 16:48:54 UTC 2008

> I have had a number of people call me crazy for my insane specs on a
> mythbox. But I wanted this thing to be an end-all, I wanted it to run games,
> tv, video, music, photo albums, etc.. everything, even at once if necessary.

insane for running 2.4ghz? granted it could have been partly my video card
(nvidia 8600gt these days)
but I couldnt even do 720p HD playback on my old 2.4ghz machine.
Had to go to a 3.0ghz core 2 duo (and xvmc) to play HD content.
but I can as well playback, record and transcode all at the same time now.