[mythtv-users] Is there an advantage to using a NAS vs local hard disks?

migmog andrew at migmog.com
Tue Jun 24 15:58:18 UTC 2008

I did this. It has several advantages:

- less noise as my NAS lives behind a door
- Allows both backend and frontend to be diskless, booting off the
NAS, so less power used overall
- Backend ran cooler and I slowed down the case fan (by plugging fan
in backwards - nice hack)
- Plenty fast enough; I didn't notice any slowdown, though I'm only
doing Low Def content, my BE is a P3-600 and the frontend is a EPIA.