[mythtv-users] Comcast to drop analog cable

steve sfreilly at roadrunner.com
Tue Jun 24 11:25:23 UTC 2008

Brian Wood wrote:
> On Monday 23 June 2008 19:16:31 David Brodbeck wrote:
>> Steve Heistand wrote:
>>> or if you want speedy not cheap you could look at it like this:
>>> your 1.5mbps dsl at $20/month is ~11 times slower then my cable
>>> connection on a bad day. (16x slower on a good day)
>> That's a good point.  I gave up on cable Internet, though; it kept
>> dropping out on weekends, and since it wasn't during normal business
>> hours I could never get Comcast to troubleshoot it properly.
>
> I found that getting a "business account" from the local cable company is
> worth the slight additional charge. I get 24/7 service, no port blocking and
> no double-secret download limit.

I would have stayed with DSL as a family member receives a substantial
discount on residential packages........ BUT....... port blocking, and
spotty service, PLUS outsourcing tech support overseas really turned me
off.  Not to mention the business packages which pretty much the straw
that broke the camels back started at $299. month.  thats just complete
insanity, and I made sure they were fully aware of there shortcomings
when I switched to TW.  10 meg, 50 bucks a month, no restrictions.

--
Steve Reilly

http://reillyblog.com