[mythtv-users] OSX: Video display is zoomed despite settings.

TJ Harris tjharris at weaselworkz.com
Tue Jun 24 01:50:19 UTC 2008

I have an odd problem on my Mac Mini, Mac OS X 0.21-fixes, frontend.
The HD video plays back somewhat zoomed in, and I can't figure out why
or how to fix it.   The effect is that occasionally scenes will look
strange, or part of a person will be hidden because of the zoom.
Otherwise, it's just the station logo that gets cut off.

I checked all the overscan and zoom settings, then I reset the
settings on my Mini (changed the frontend name) and started from
scratch, but the problem persisted despite the clean settings.     I
also ran Myth Frontend on my MacBook Pro, and it didnt have the issue
at all there,  so it's not a source video problem.

The display is a 720p LCD panel, connected via DVI.

Has anyone else run into similar issues and have some suggestions for
settings to tweak?