[mythtv-users] two video sources, was Re: EPG for Digitenne radio stations?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 21:09:58 UTC 2008

On 23/06/2008, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>  >> So can it be done?
>  >> 2 videosources on one physical card and with virtual tuners?
>  >>
>  >> How is it supposed to be done?
>  >> Channels also link to the videosource.
>  >> So why the double reference?
>  >>
>  >> Or what am I missing?
>  >
>  > If you have 2 "sources" of video that are both on the same input, they
>  > /must/ be combined into a single source before you give the data to
>  > MythTV.  XMLTV provides a tool to do this.
>

> How would this work?
>  I have EPG data (for the radio stations) and XML data from tvgids.nl for
>  TV-channels.
>  How can XMLTV combine this?

It doesn't - it's exactly how I get my data for DVB TV and radio
stations here in the UK.

For EIT EPG data to co-exist with XMLTV data you need the following:

i) EIT scanning enabled for the video source
ii) UseOnAirGuide enabled for those channels you want to get EPG data
for over-the-air. Ensure it is disabled for those channels you want to
use XMLTV data for
iii) An XMLTV-based videosource created in mythtv-setup "Video Sources"
iv) XMLTV IDs associated with those channels you want to use XMLTV data for
iv) A good XMLTV config file containing only those channels you have
given XMLTV IDs.

If configured correctly, the EIT scanning happens automatically
without any more intervention required. The XMLTV grabber can be
called automatically (through mythbackend) or manually via cron.

>  I have one card with several virtual tuners.
>  It's just that there's got to be a connection made to the card from the
>  EPG-based video source so that EPG info is grabbed.

The 'connection' is enabling EIT scanning on the video source, and
marking individual channels to use EIT data (parts i and ii above).

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/